Strategy type: Counter Trend Swing trading
FedSwing is a countertrend swing trading strategy designed for stock indices. This strategy follows the adage of “don’t fight the Fed”. It will not go long when the Fed is selling and will not go short when the Fed is buying. The strategy has a protective stop-loss order (the smaller of a volatility based stop or $3000 money management stop).
- Developer: Gary Hart / TrendFinder Trading Systems
- strategy type: Counter Trend Swing Trading
- Markets Traded: Emini S&P, Mini Dow, and Russell 2000
- Lease and Commissions: $75 per month / $10 per trade
- Minimum Account Size: $20,000