Strategy type: Counter Trend Swing trading
FedSwing II utilizes short-term counter-trend entries and follows the adage of “don’t fight the Fed”. Based on the FOMC’s open market operations, it will not go long when the Fed is selling and will not go short when the Fed is buying. The strategy has a protective stop-loss order (the smaller of a volatility based stop or $3000 money management stop) and a break-even type of stop.
- Developer: Gary Hart / TrendFinder Trading Systems
- strategy type: Counter Trend Swing Trading
- Markets Traded: Emini S&P, Nasdaq, and Russell 2000
- Lease and Commissions: $75 per month / $10 per trade
- Minimum Account Size: $20,000